”) advances the cost-efficient movement of freight through a global network of LTL, truckload, flatbed, intermodal, rail, ocean, air and expedite-surface carriers using its proprietary transportation management system Lighthouse. As we conduct our business, Kelley
, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE WITH ITS TERMS AND OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES.COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We are the sole owner of the information we collect on our Website or through your use of our Services. The information we collect depends on what you do when you visit or utilize the Website, and on what you do when you access or use our Services. Below is information on the kinds of personal data we gather, how we gather the personal data, and what we do with that personal data.What kind of personal data do we collect about you?
We may collect the following kinds of personal data.
How do we collect your personal data?
- Contact and Identity Data, including without limitation your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and your business or organization.
- Technical Data, including without limitation your Internet Protocol (IP), device identifiers, device information (such as type and model, operating system type, browser type, language, and settings), your login information, geolocation data, cookie IDs, referring / exit pages and URLs, interaction information (such as clickstream data), domain names, pages viewed, and software crash data.
- Usage Information, including without limitation the time, date, and duration of your use of our Website or Services, and your interaction with content offered through the Website or Services, and any referring websites.
- Financial Data, including without limitation information related to your preferred payment method and credit history.
- Marketing and Communications Data, including without limitation your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We may obtain your Contact and Identity Data, Technical Data, Usage Data, Financial Data, and Marketing and Communications Data using any of the below methods.
How do we use your Personal Data?
- When you provide the personal data to us. You may provide the personal data to us when you enter or upload information into the Website or Services, create an account, or when you communicate with us via telephone, email, or otherwise.
When you use our Website or the Services, we may also receive personal data your device automatically communicates to us, such as information about your location, and other technical information about your device and the software it uses.
We may also use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We may communicate with you and offer or confirm services via e-mail. To help us make e-mails more useful, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Kelleylogistics.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from Kelley, please adjust your e-mail contact preferences.
- When your organization or a third party provides it to us. Your organization may provide us with your personal data so that we can activate and manage your access and use of the Website and/or Services. We may also receive your personal data from carefully vetted third parties who provide services on our behalf (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- to perform our obligations arising under our contract with you;
- to provide you with information you request;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to the services we offer (e.g., changes in opening hours, delivery options, etc.);
- to present the content provided in our Website and/or Services in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to administer our Website and Services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website and/or Services, when you choose to do so;
- to assist with our employee recruitment efforts and hiring processes;
- to help keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you or others; and
- to distinguish you from other users of our site.
The personal data that we collect about you and your use of our Website and Services is an important part of our business. We respect and value you as a Website visitor and customer and will not jeopardize the free flow of information between us. We will not sell your personal data that we collect and store to other websites or businesses. We may share some of your personal data as a customer in the furtherance of our Services as outlined immediately below.Disclosure Regarding Service Providers: Kelley
may utilize other companies to assist with our business, including without limitation other third party logistics providers, LTL, truckload, flatbed, intermodal, rail, ocean, air and expedite-surface carriers, and companies who assist us with hosting this website, developing or promoting additional services, (e.g. via e-mail, direct mail, or on mobile devices), processing credit card payments, and analyzing the effectiveness of our website. We limit access to only those elements of your personal data they need to deliver those services and prohibit these companies and their employees from using your personal data for any other purpose.Disclosure for Other Reasons: Kelley
If we choose to sell or merge any part of our business, we may share and/or transfer customer information, which may include your personal data, in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, certain information, including your personal data, could be transferred to or acquired by a third party.INFORMATION SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Securing your personal data is very important to us and Kelley
maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect it. We use security measures, such as firewalls and encryption technology, consistent with industry standards to safeguard against loss, theft, unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification and/or disclosure. The personal data we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through our service providers. However, as “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and since no security system is impenetrable, Kelley
does not guarantee the absolute security of our databases, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Be advised that any information you choose to post on any message board, discussion group or other public posting area on our website is available to anyone with Internet access.
If you create an account on the Website, you may be asked to select and use a password and provide and maintain accurate and current information about you and your organization. You should protect your password by not disclosing it to any other person, limiting access to others of your computer or device and browser and by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. If you want to change your password, you may do so by accessing your account settings and following the relevant prompts.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You will notify Kelley
immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password or any other breach of securityYOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING ACCESS OF INFORMATION
You have the right to refrain from giving us certain personal data, but consequently you will not be able to take advantage of all of our Services or Website features.Prior Information:
You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the “User Access to Information” section above. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.Client Communication:
We do not offer our Services or promote the Website to, nor do we intentionally collect or retain personal data from, children who are younger than 13 years of age. You are cautioned, however, that the collection of personal data submitted in an e-mail, electronically or through the Website or Services will be treated as though it was submitted by an adult, and may, unless exempted from access by Federal or State law, be subject to public access. If you have a child under 13 who you believe submitted personal data and would like it removed, please contact us at email@example.com
If you are under 18, you may use the Website or Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.LINKS AND THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.CONSENT, CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES AND REVISIONS
and our services to you.